Last Updated: June 3, 2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a feedback form on the Site, sign up to receive our newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, name of your organization or employer and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request;
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your submissions, comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and alerts and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for people, issues and organizations that we support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, candidates, campaigns, charities, nonprofits, groups, causes, co-ops, or other entities that we believe have similar political viewpoints or principles or share similar goals or objectives and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Democracy Docket, its employees, volunteers, or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Other Websites
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Transfer of Information to the U.S.
Democracy Docket is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt-out of receiving updates and newsletters from Democracy Docket by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site.